Chemex® – Classic (3 Cup) (450ML)
A Great Brewer
Light and compact, the Chemex Classic 3 Cup, 16oz (~450ml) is a great brewer for making crisp, clean pour over coffee when storage space is scarce. The brewer’s classic hourglass shape also allows it to be a carafe when the brewing is complete.
The brewer’s extraordinary ability to make coffee with a rich flavour and clean body is largely due to the Chemex-Bonded Coffee Filters. These filters are thicker than most, keeping all sediment out of your cup and reducing the risk of bitterness.
- Grind 25g coffee at a medium-coarse setting and place in filter.
- Saturate the grounds with 50ml of hot water, then rest.
- After 30 seconds, pour the remaining 355ml in slow, concentric circles.
- Allow the brewed coffee to drain, clean the filter, and enjoy.
- If you’d like a glass of sweet, refreshing iced coffee, all you have to do is substitute some hot water for ice cubes in the bottom of the Chemex. As you brew, the ice will flash chill the draining coffee.
The brewer’s borosilicate glass is durable, heat-resistant, and crystal clear. It can easily be cleaned with a quick rinse under running warm water. The glass is wrapped in a wooden collar and tied together with a leather strap – making it a particularly stunning brewer.
– Crisp, Clean Coffee – Brews pour over coffee with a particularly crisp flavour and clean body.
– Borosilicate Glass – Durable, heat-resistant, and stunningly clear.
– Classic Design – Hourglass shape and wooden collar make the brewer a carafe as well.
– Hot + Iced Coffee – Allows you to easily brew iced coffee on warmer days.
– 450ml Capacity – Brews just enough coffee for 1-3 mugs.
What’s in the Box?
- 1 x Chemex Classic 3 Cup, 16oz
- Materials: Non-Porous Borosilicate Glass, Wooden Collar, Leather
- Capacity: 16oz (~450ml)
Utilises the unfolded half moon filters. Buy filter papers for the 3 cup Chemex.
For more information on the Chemex brewing process click here.