Indian Elkhill Estate Peaberry
$15.00 – $44.00
Bean Strength =
Fine acidity, intense citrus sweetness with a deep raisin aftertaste.
- Elkhill Estate is located in the Coorg hills, 100 miles south of Mysore, and has been established for well over 100 years, since coffee was first planted there in 1854.
- Peaberries are a natural anomaly, when just one little oval bean develops within the coffee cherry, rather than the normal two. They are hand sorted to be sold as a much smaller and very rare production.
- It is believed that Peaberries tend to be more concentrated in flavour.
- We use these Peaberries when making our delicious chocolate coated coffee beans!
- UTZ Certified – guaranteeing the coffee production adheres to strict environmental, social, and economic criteria.
- UTZ Certified ensures Elkhill gets credit also for providing their workers with fair wages and professional growing advice. Elkhill is a model farm, employing over 500 salaried workers who live on site and are entitled to housing and health care.
- Coffee is shade-grown beneath countless varieties of native trees including Giant Teak, Indian Rosewood and Cluster Figs.
- All manner of wildlife co-habit the estate, flourishing in the forest environment alongside the coffee, including a herd of native elephants that is often seen wandering the grounds.
Aeropress, Whole Bean, Domestic Espresso, Plunger, Drip Filter, Stove-top Espresso, Turkish
250g, 500g, 1kg