Cold Brewed coffee is a delicious alternative to your usual hot caffeine fix during the hot Summer months. Keep a pot ready in the fridge to pour over ice and drink neat or use as a base for making a milky ice coffee. The technique reduces the acidity in the coffee as well as highlighting subtle flavour characteristics.
It is very simple to produce a cold brewed coffee with the Hario Mizudashi Cold Brew Pot.
Unlike Cold Drip, where the water flows freely through the coffee grind, the Mizudashi is a total immersion brewing method, which produces a ready to use cold brew, which can be served straight from the fridge.
- This simple and classic brewing system brings out coffee’s flavour and aroma by slowly allowing the coffee oils to infuse with cold water over an extended brewing time.
- Brewing your coffee with cold water preserves delicate flavour compounds, while eliminating the bitter oils and acids that would be extracted at higher temperatures.
- A fine grade mesh filter ensures the clarity of the finished beverage.
- Makes a ‘cold brewed’ base ideal for ice coffee, either served neat over ice, or with a dash of cold milk.
- Makes up to 1000ml of coffee.
For best results, we recommend using a ratio of 80g coffee per liter of cold water, and a medium grind.
- Place the ground coffee into the mesh filter
- Set the mesh filter into the carafe
- Add enough cold filtered water through the filter to saturate all the coffee and stir
- Add the remaining cold water to the carafe
- Secure the lid, and place in the refrigerator for 12 to 18hrs
- Remove the mesh filter from the carafe and discard the spent coffee grounds
- Pour your cold brew coffee over ice and enjoy