Hario Cold Brew Pot – 600ml
If you like cold brewed coffee, we’re certain you’ll love the simplicity of the Hario Mizudashi Cold Brew Pot.
Unlike Cold Drip, where the water flows freely through the coffee grind, the Mizudashi is a total immersion brewing method, which produces a ready to use cold brew, which can be served straight from the fridge.
- This simple and classic brewing system brings out coffee’s flavour and aroma by slowly allowing the coffee oils to infuse with cold water over an extended brewing time.
- Brewing your coffee with cold water preserves delicate flavour compounds, while eliminating the bitter oils and acids that would be extracted at higher temperatures.
- A fine grade mesh filter ensures the clarity of the finished beverage.
- Makes a ‘cold brewed’ base ideal for ice coffee, either served neat over ice, or with a dash of cold milk.
- Makes up to 1000ml of coffee.
For best results, we recommend using a ratio of 80g coffee per liter of cold water, and a medium grind.
- Place the ground coffee into the mesh filter
- Set the mesh filter into the carafe
- Add enough cold filtered water through the filter to saturate all the coffee and stir
- Add the remaining cold water to the carafe
- Secure the lid, and place in the refrigerator for 12 to 18hrs
- Remove the mesh filter from the carafe and discard the spent coffee grounds
- Pour your cold brew coffee over ice and enjoy