Pullman Barista Tamper – Base
**Note: Only 58mm flat bases are carried in stock. Orders for other variations will involve a 7-10 day lead time.**
The Pullman tampers are ordered in two parts: the base and the handle. This allows you to custom design the tamper to suit you! After deciding on your base, please ensure you order the handle as well.
The Barista tamper is available in a flat or convex (U.S./1.5mm curve) surface in a choice of 304 or 316 grade stainless steel. All Pullman Barista Tamper parts are made in Australia from premium grade materials, so you can be assured of the highest quality results.
- A precision-machined stainless steel tamper base with TrueTamp rings for a consistent and level tamp
- An ergonomic synthetic rubber compression zone for maximum comfort and to minimise high-volume fatigue
- A set of three stackable straight-sided stainless steel spacers providing up to 15mm of height adjustment in eight steps (0, 2, 5, 7, 8, 10, 13, 15mm) without compromising the tamper’s ergonomics. No two hands are the same and research has shown a wide variety of optimum handle heights depending on the operator’s hand size.
One difference about your new Pullman tamper is that its base is a precision-machined instrument made to 50 micron (0.05mm) tolerances to ensure you get exactly the right size tamper base required for your machine. There are many different sizes of filter baskets available. See below for a basic guide, however if you’d like the base precision-made to match your exact basket size please select the option for “Precision-Made” and enter the exact size in the “Shipping Instructions” field at the checkout.
This is a basic guide on tamper sizes of different machines:
- Rocket Giotto range, Isomac range, Rancilio, La Marzocco : 58mm
- Breville/Sunbeam (standard Cafe Series): 51mm
- Saeco: 53mm